Thursday, August 03, 2006

Look Like He Made His Choice

GQ has a big-time story on the rise and fall of Ralph Reed. My favorite quote so far:
His own mother--his mother!--once told USA Today, "I used to tell people he was going to be either President of the United States or Al Capone."

The story comes to me by way of Feddie at Southern Appeal. Back when Mr. Reed was running for Lieutenant Governor of Georgia, Feddie caused Publius to have a Say It Ain't So, Joe moment, when he found out that the big-time Christian blogger was endorsing Reed. Well, the man has now grimly come around to recognize that Reed is one of the lowest pieces of scum to walk on American political earth (and that says something).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I began paying professional attention to Ralph Reed pretty early, and by '96 I was convinced that it was only a matter of time until he went to prison, was caught in an embarrassing sexual situation or both.

But then, I grew up with PTL's Jim Bakker almost literally in my back yard. My radar for such frauds is pretty reliable.