Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Daily Show

John Kerry just made the first appearance by a Presidential Nominee on Jon Stewart's "Daily Show," a latenight news parody show that happens to be one of the sharpest satires of politics and media around today. While at first I though Kerry looked stiff, as the show went on I thought he looked more and more relaxed and by the end I concluded it was an impressive performance.

The New Republic also nominally complimented Kerry on his performance, though I thought they might have been a tad too harsh. I thought Kerry did a good job running with Stewart's jokes, but I also thought he made at least one good line of his own (meeting people in the men's room). Overall, it was an entertaining show. And how many times do we get to say that about John Kerry?

No comments: